Skip Counting - St. Patrick's Day Ideas for Math Centers
These St. Patrick's Day Math Activities are the perfect way to practice and master skip counting by 2, 5, and 10! Numerous ideas for your March math centers are included; these colorful math printables will captivate and engage your students!
Easily accommodate a variety of students' abilities, from introducing skip counting to skill mastery. Help your students develop number sense knowledge and learn to see patterns in numbers. Easy prep, just print and go!
Skip Counting Activities Include (for each set of 2s, 5s, & 10s):
- Color Posters for student reference or to add to a bulletin board
- Put In Order--cut apart and put numbers in order
- Missing Numbers--fill in the missing numbers in order
- Fill in the Numbers-fill in the missing numbers for a given range
- Tracing Numbers
- Number Words Matching
- Number Puzzles-cut apart and put numbers in order to create a fall picture
- Math Center Task Cards--print, cut apart, and use in a math station or print as a whole sheet to complete
Includes 40 math worksheets with various levels of difficulty!
Using these Math Skip Counting Activities:
- The sheets are easy to print as single sheets throughout the fall months
- Print the math worksheets and bind them to create a fun Fall Skip Counting Booklet for each student!
- Math Center or Task Card Options: Just print and laminate the resources you want to use for use at a math center or station. Children can use dry-erase markers to complete the activity. Then erase and reuse!
Skip Counting Teaching Tips:
These ideas are specifically designed to help support each of your different styles of learners!
- Use skip counting songs (there are endless options online)
- Create your own chant & claps using the pattern
- Color the numbers on a number chart
- Write the numbers on notecards and place them in order
- Hang posters of the patterns
- Write the pattern with sidewalk chalk
- Number line jump
- Put shaving cream in a bag and "write" the numbers on the bag
Find ways to make it fun--then practice, practice, practice! It takes a lot of repetition sometimes to remember these patterns.
Thank you for your interest! Follow us on these platforms for more educational resources and encouragement!
Follow Lessons Learned x 2 on:
Copyright © Lessons Learned x 2. All rights reserved by authors.
- This product is to be used by the original downloader only.
- Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited.
- This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view.
Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.