About The President Tab Book
This President's Day your K-3 students will love this coloring and writing activity to learn more about U.S. Presidents! This easy to make "About the President" tab book is 4 activities in 1 resource:
- A Coloring Book Version with basic informational sentences
- A Traceable Version with basic informational sentences
- A Question and Answer Version with handwriting lines and plain lines for a single sentence response
- A Short Response Version with lines for a multi-sentence or short paragraph response
- Cover Options
- 3 Levels of Source Text Options--these texts provide basic to in-depth information that allow students to practice reading and locating facts to complete a written response. Teach basic research skills by combining a source text with a tab book version that includes writing.
Teacher Tip! This project is perfect to include in your Elections, Inauguration Day, or President's Day units.
This 90 page resource contains:
- Teacher Notes
- Color and Black & White Versions included
- 4 Cover Options
- 6 page tab book including the following pages;
- The First President
- Current President Information
- Where the Presidents Lives
- How the President Travels
- How Long A President Serves
- What Would You Do as President
- 3 Levels of Source Text
- Easy Passage-provides basic information for the answering question version
- Medium Passage-provides answers with a few extra details; can be used with any version you choose
- Challenging Passage-longer and provides more detailed information for students to read and evaluate what information to include in their responses. Better suited for the question and answer or the basic research version.
Need a President Project for older elementary students? Check out our President Research Flip Book Activity!
Copyright © Lessons Learned x 2. All rights reserved by authors.
- This product is to be used by the original downloader only.
- Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited.
- This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view.
Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.